Yay! I finally got around to jotting down the recipe for my cardamom pistachio burfi. Thing is each time I’ve made it, I haven’t written down the recipe, so I’m kind of going off of memory. But the good thing is that with these ingredients, you truly can’t go wrong. Any combination will taste great and it can be tweaked to your desired sweetness or cardamom-yness as you make it.
The secret ingredient is the coconut cream. It has just the right sweetness and consistency when chilled to make a fab burfi treat. And to help you get started, check out my Coconut Cream Giveaway for a chance to win a whooping 32oz jar of the best organic coconut cream concentrate ever!
Raw Cardamom Pistachio Burfi
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 3-4 tablespoons chopped pistachio
- Pinch of vanilla powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/8 cup honey
- ½ teaspoon stevia (optional)
- Warm coconut cream in a bain marie (a bowl placed within a bowl of hot water) or gently in a double-boiler until it softens enough to stir.
- Mix in honey, cardamom and vanilla. Taste & adjust to desired sweetness – add stevia if desired.
- Stir in pistachio pieces.
- Press “dough” into a flexible plastic container or mold. Choose container(s) that will fit “dough” to 1″ thickness.
- Place in fridge to solidify (or freezer if you can’t wait!)
- Remove from fridge & flex container to release block of burfi.
- Score triangles and break into pieces. Enjoy!