I was looking in my fridge, trying to decide what to make. Cauliflower, mixed greens, sprouts, avocado…yay, raw nori roll!! So I took out my mini food processor and started tossing things in. This recipe makes one roll. The specs aren’t too exact, so experiment with what you have – you just can’t go wrong.
Raw Nori Roll for One
- half a head of cauliflower
- 2 diced spring onions
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1 tsp tamari sauce
- juice of 1/2 lemon
1) Pulse cauliflower until rice-like.
2) Add the rest of ingredients and pulse again until combined.
3) Taste for salt and add tamari sauce if necessary.
- 1/4 ripe avocado sliced
- handful of sprouts
- greens of your choice
1) Place nori sheet shiny-side down on a sushi mat.
2) Cover bottom half of nori with cauliflower “rice.”
3) Layer on sliced avocado, sprouts & greens.
4) Roll sushi mat away from you and tighten roll
5) Seal edge with water
6) Slice roll into bite-size pieces with a sharp knife.
7) Dip in tamari sauce and pop into your mouth!
Watch this Sushi Rolling Video
In this vid, Russell James demonstrates how to roll raw parsnip “rice” sushi. I didn’t really think a sushi mat was all that necessary, but after watching this and then using one, it does make for neater, compact rolls. And if you haven’t already, check out Russell James’ free ezine and recipe book. Love it and it’s free!